NRL’s client based in Glenrothes is looking to recruit an Applications Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. The applications engineering department is responsible for ensuring that the company product will meet customers’ requirements. As applications engineer you will develop a deep understanding of what the customers are looking for and apply that knowledge to many areas of the business.
About the role:
- Assessing motor suitability for new business opportunities
- Develop customer requirements for new products
- Analysing End of Line test data
- Developing departmental methods and calculations
- Presenting business to customers, including visiting customer sites
- Analysing field/warranty issues
- Maintaining and updating product datasheets
What you will need?
- Good quality mechanical engineering or related technical degree
- Able to demonstrate initiative and strong organisational skills
- Inquisitive and analytical
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Customer facing experience
- Programming skills (Matlab advantageous)
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive local salary and benefits