NRL are currently recruiting for SC cleared Assistant Mechanical Technicians to work on a contract basis for one of our leading clients within the Nuclear Industry. The role will be based in Reading. Required to work 40 hours per week as standard, Monday - Friday. Please note digs and travel expenses will not be covered.
The Assistant Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
About The Role:
- Report to the Cavendish Nuclear site Supervisor for all matters relating to quality and safety. No un-supervised work should be carried out.
- Within their SQEP capability, undertake all work as instructed by the site supervisor, in accordance with the requirements of the task documentation, (i.e. Method Statement, Implementation Plan, Risk Assessments etc) with due care to minimise the potential for disturbance to site plant equipment.
- Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of themselves and those around them.
- Comply with the requirements of the Management System.
- Comply with all applicable Safety documentation as identified by the Site Supervisor or client.
- Refrain from interference with anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc)
- Use any Plant and Equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
- Inform their Supervisor of any situation considered to represent a safety concern.
- Report to their Supervisor any shortcomings in protection arrangements for Health and Safety.
What You Will Need:
- Valid & transferable SC level security clearance - Please do not apply if you do not already hold valid clearance
- CSCS card