About the role:
Coordination of Building Information Modelling (BIM) deliverables in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear Safety related facilities for Strategic Infrastructure projects. You will be preparing and reviewing the federated BIM model.
Principal tasks and responsibilities are:
- Ensuring the Major Infrastructure Projects (MIP) BIM Standards are applied to the Project, and following the Delivery Team BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Providing Building Information Modelling (BIM) authoring support to the project, using the appropriate technology as prescribes in the Delivery Team BEP.
- Linking BIM models from other task teams and accessing the latest models from the Common Data Environment (CDE). Supporting the Information Exchanges within the CDE solution.
- Producing high quality – families, objects that are parametric based and suitable for the native authoring platforms.
- Following the workset / layering structure defined in the MIP Project Information Standards (PIS).
- Referencing as necessary and applying the BIM Authoring standards outlined in the MIP Project Information Standards.
- Referencing as necessary and applying the BIM Production Methods and Procedures (PMP) workflows.
- Ensuring that model ‘level of information need’ is aligned with the project responsibility matrix and is appropriate to the project stage.
- Use the COBie Toolkit for delivering COBie data rich models and Use the Uniclass Classification Tool for Uniclass Classifications. Understanding on NBS – and applying specification codes to the drawing output sheets, and model parameters/attributes.
- Work with the Digital Library coordinator to ensure modelling objects reside in the project, but also within the wider MIP Digital Library.
- Using the H&S beacons in BIM and ensuring, these are used, referenced and exported as necessary. This would be aligned with the H&S section contained within the project BEP.
- Producing high quality BIM models and associated design output drawings applicable to the works package. Technical aspects of outputs will be supported and under the direction of the project design engineers and design managers were appropriate.
- Following the CDE process and use of the WIP, SHARED and PUBLISHED states of the CDE solution.
- Supporting the coordination of the design solution and ensuring clash issues are resolved in a timely manner and working with the wider design teams.
- Reporting on any model issues that may have an impact of design maturity, model build or design coordination matters.
- Working with the wider design team and BIM team to ensure BIM delivery is successful as is the project.
- Ensuring that Building Information Models are developed in line with the project volume strategy. Ensuring that models have clear boundaries of ownership and ensuring model content is not duplicated across multiple models.
What you will need:
The Post Holder is required to hold qualifications in a relevant discipline below, minimum HNC:
Architecture or similar
Design of civil engineering, structural engineering and architecture.
Knowledge and experience of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
Knowledge of BIM level 2 suite, but also new emerging standards ISO 19650
Minimum 5 Years Design & Construction Experience.
The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the process of BIM throughout the design and construction lifecycle.
BIM naming conventions, status codes and revisions. But also object naming standards BS 8541:* Awareness of COBIe, IFC and Uniclass
Using a Common Data Environment (CDE) to follow the ISO 19650 method of collaboration.
Competent user with a good understanding of the following platforms; Revit, Naviswork, AutoCAD, Inventor, Civils 3d. Must be able to create content in these platforms for the purposes of the project.
What’s in it for you:
Excellent career opportunities within this major blue chip company