Buyer reporting to the Supply Chain Manager. Responsible for the procurement of goods/materials for the project including direct and indirect materials to meet the programme and commercial requirements of the project. Additional activities will include:
- Preparation of Invitation to Tenders, including inputting in to procurement strategy documents as required.
- Preparation of Subcontract Procurement Strategy documents for identified packages
- Carrying out tender evaluations and conducting negotiations to enable the shortlisting of suppliers
You will need:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience of transactional, construction related procurement activities.
- Experience with the Ariba supply chain system.
- Experience with Smart Material software.
- Experience within a construction related environment (within a highly regulated industry) on projects greater than £100m is preferable
- Experience of working within a JV environment is preferable
- The role will require excellent organisational, transactional procurement and administrative skills , a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value at all times
What's in it for you?:
- Competitive hourly rate
- 6 month contract
- Work on a high profile project