To conduct concept, detail, assembly and production designs, design calculations and analysis. To work with colleagues and customers to overcome technical challenges and develop practical and innovative mechanical designs, using SolidWorks 3D CAD for the engineering of equipment, systems and components.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, layout, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Revise drawings and markups appropriately to support generating station.
- Develop utility standards and work methodologies.
- Maintain and update electronic drawings and document.
- Compile and organize blocks, parts and specific details.
- Update equipment and building drawings and document.
- Track and monitor engineering and design changes.
- • Develop layouts, drawings and designs.
• Ensure compliance of drafting and engineering standards.
• Produce CAD drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards.
• Work with other teams to obtain reference information for drawings.
• Work with project team to execute projects on time and on budget.
• Review design layouts to find and resolve problems involving compatibility with basic design concepts.
• Work with engineering and manufacturing team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs.
• Participate in engineering and manufacturing design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations.
• Read and understand 2D and 3D drawings.
• Make corrections to the drawings as requested by the senior staff.
• Provide alternative design concepts to meet customer requirements.
• Create and update database of design records for future reference purposes.
• Ensure that all products are designed in accordance with customer requirements, company practice and recognised engineering standards
• Improve product design methods and procedures
• Update of internal drawings library
• Previous experience in a Design Engineer role
• Preferably BEng / HNC or equivalent in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering
• MEng in Electrical / Mechanical / Electromechanical advantageous.
• Broad knowledge and expertise of Engineering
• Knowledge of modern design, development techniques and best practice
• A creative approach for generating new ideas
• A sound knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD software
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Excellent numerical skills
• Ability to produce work consistently to a high standard within tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritise and manage a diverse and busy workload