- To manage a team of personnel, Subject Matter Experts in the project’s use of software tools used to support engineering design work.
- To identify the project’s design software needs and numbers and communicate this to the IT function for acquisition. To implement or have implemented the software on deployment, use and cessation.
- Undertake liaison with the project’s IT function.
- Has a sufficient understanding of the software packages and can advise and organise deployment onto the project, this will include transfer of existing files between servers and domains.
- To support engineers and designers using the software in the project’s Area Teams in a consistent and appropriate manner including, consistency of use, libraries, storage, standardisation, updates, fault and error correction.
- Able to identify needs and organise training for software.
- Ensure that the project Common Data Environment metadata is populated correctly.
- Liaise with Client IM to identify appropriate timing, content and format of data drops.
You will need:
- Experienced with the working systems and environment of engineering design software used in the execution of a project. The key software used are AVEVA PDMS, AVEVA E&I, AVEVA Engineering, AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor.
- Competent with a design software draughting package in the 2D or 3D environment.
- Information Management Experience
- Nuclear experience preferred.
- Professional engineer or experienced Designer (HND or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years experience).
- Working within a JV environment.
- Experience on large engineering projects.
What's in it for you?:
- Long term contract
- Competitive hourly rate
- High profile project