About the role:
- The Civil Engineer ensures the production and monitoring of the civil engineering/ support for civil, structural and architectural work scopes for delivery on Nuclear projects.
- Works responsibilities inclusive of producing and reviewing risk assessment and method statements for the works for both sub-contract works and for self-delivery works.
- Provide setting out points for the works and carry out as-built positional checks for the works.
- Provide support for the completion of works Inspection & Test Plans. Carry out site checks on a daily basis to ensure that any safe systems of work (SSOW) are being carried out as agreed and that any issues that rise are reported directly to the works manager and health and safety department.
- Produce as built and redline drawings for the completion of works and for submission for any QA/QC LTR’s.
- Issue any required permits to works for the day’s works ensuring that the documents are closed out and recorded in each case.
- Review short term works programme and input to the teams as required in line with any ongoing site activities.
What you will need
- Civil Engineering or Construction Based Degree
- Site based civil engineering or site-based construction background with experience of reinforced concrete works, structural steelwork, in ground drainage, roads & street works and in ground drainage.
- Nuclear new build or nuclear decommissioning experience preferred but not essential.
- Proficient IT Skills.