I am looking for a Connected Car TCU Design & Application Engineer to work on an initial 8-month contract in Cranfield within the Automotive Sector.
• Implementation of on-board telematics systems for Nissan vehicles manufactured in Europe and Russia.
• Generation and release of TCU configuration data for European & Russian vehicles
• Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
• Coordination of in house and supplier TCU validation to Nissan design standards ahead of new SW releases
• Collaboration with Off Board Connected Car team, test teams (both on board and off board) and customer orientated engineering team to confirm system performance for remote commands
• Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure technical solution supports business objectives & with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
• Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements.
• Status reporting to management at all levels.
What you will need:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, System Engineering or related.
- 2+ years’ experience of vehicle development with an OEM, MNO or Tier 1
- Experience delivering automotive electronic systems and features
- Experience of BOM management, component, and configuration release