About the role:
The Construction Assurance Manager will provide support to the HS2 NEC3 Project Manager and be accountable for providing specialist constructability support and expertise at each stage of the construction process.
The successful candidate will also undertake a risk based approach to the assurance of the constructability of the Works, whilst maintaining standards of health and safety, and supporting the required project delivery outcomes, namely, quality, environmental impact, Undertakings and Assurance obligations.
The successful candidate will work closely with the HS2 NEC3 Supervisor, the HS2 Compliance and Assurance Manager and the Stakeholder and Interface Manager in undertaking their role:
- Responsible for supporting the functional teams in assuring that the works are adhering to U&As, EMR and CoCP requirements
- Assisting the Project Manager in reviews and audits associated with the HS2 CDM Assurance Process to enable release of the Hold Point Release Letter
- Responsible for supporting the NEC3 Supervisor in discharging their duties under the Contract
- Responsible for supporting the NEC3 Project Manager in discharging their duties under the Contract
- Assisting the HS2 Project Manager and team by providing specialist advice and expertise at all stages of the construction process for help in administering the contract
- Facilitating and undertaking safety tours and other site based HS2 safety practices
- Supporting HS2 cross-contract interfaces with respect to constructability
- Promote EDI across the Contract and associated third parties. Major project experience working within rail, oil or gas industries. Applicable UK construction regulations including Construction Design Management (CDM) and (Construction Safety Management) CSM requirements.
- Prior experience in a similar position
- Construction experience working on large-scale civil engineering projects
- Experience within earthworks, bridges, structures and ground engineering
- Competitive hourly rates
- Long-term contract opportunity
- Ability to work on one of the largest UK infrastructure project