About the role:
- Data and analytical support to the Estimate Leads.
- Assist with preparation of presentations to internal and external stakeholders (including shareholders and the UK government).
- Assist with the preparation of cost analysis as required to meet emerging requests from key stakeholders
- Support the consolidation of estimate information (including the baseline, assumptions, scope and quantities information), ensuring a high level of auditability is maintained.
- Support the external review/verification of the SZC cost estimate including Client group audits, UK government and investor due diligence.
- Help with quality assurance of estimates, reports & presentations prior to external issue (arithmetic checks, English language proof reading, cross checking with other source to maintain ‘single version of the truth’).
- Maintaining strong links with Project Controls and Finance & Economic Regulation teams for monthly reporting, key enablers self-assessment and other cross cutting requirements.
- Manage and monitor delivery of any action points identified during meetings.
What you will need:
- Strong numerical and financial modelling skills
- Experience in handling and analysing large data sets
- Proven ability to build effective working level relationships across functions including at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills including in visual presentations (eg powerpoint), with the ability to analyse and present information clearly and persuasively
- Ability to take a pro-active, flexible, business focused approach in delivery of the role
- Flexible approach with a willingness to develop knowledge and skills in different aspects of the project
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and work on several workstreams concurrently
- MS Office – proficient user
- English language – fluent written & verbal
- Degree (multiple disciplines are relevant)
- Experience using tools such as CostOS (cost estimating system) and PowerBI
- French language – fluent written & verbal