About the role:
- Responsible for managing the construction on a section or project dependent on the scale and complexity of the works involved. Ensure that all works including those of suppliers and subcontractors are supervised and coordinated to deliver on safety, quality and environmental objectives.
- Responsible for initiating and leading tasks and processes, taking responsibility and being accountable, where relevant, for the work and roles of others whilst exercising broad autonomy and judgement within broad parameters in their area of responsibility. Specialist learning and involves detailed analysis of a high level of information and knowledge in an area of work or study
Management of the Site
- Plan, organise, control and coordinate the site or section of the site to a satisfactory and safe completion
- Ensure that works are coordinated to ensure suitable safe access and segregation is maintained
- Ensure that works are not started before Risk Assessments, Task Safety Plans and Method Statements are issued and agreed; issued and communicated by the sub-contractor and to then actively monitor their implementation
- Develops day to day plan for site operations from project programme
- Effectively manages site reporting such as record sheets, site instructions, daily diary etc.
- Sets up teams to complete sections of work
- Ensure individuals are aware of what is expected of them
- Develop individuals through coaching and training
- Resolution of disputes
Management of information
- Ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with good practice and in line with all relevant specifications, drawings, method statements and to obtain all relevant technical / manufacturers information prior to any activity commencing
- Dissemination of information to relevant parties
- Ensure materials, plant and sub-contractors are procured to meet targets
- Control costs.
- Ensure works are instructed under a written site instruction (and change control is robust)
- Recognises change on site and retains records as required by the established change control process.
Quality - Ensure appropriate quality is achieved on the project
- Ensure each subcontractor is aware of the Guide for Sub Contractors working with Construction and are interviewed prior to any engagement
- Communicates quality policy and systems to subcontractors and suppliers
- Ensures that robust on-site procedures are established and employed and undertakes daily checks
- Undertakes regular checks to ensure workforce are meeting quality requirements
- Drives delivery of quality for the project, actively stopping and correcting sub-standard work and actively engaging specialist support to ensure this
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with all HS&E legislation, and the site Health Safety and Environmental Plans
- Puts safety first and instills this in the project team and suppliers
- Ensures that suitable welfare is in place and maintained
- Ensures that all safety documentation is collated and retained for example scaffold inspection records, PUWER records etc.
- Undertakes weekly recorded site inspections for temp works such as hoardings, scaffolds, Haki stairs etc.
- Ensures plant is inspected to meet PUWER guidelines
- Mark up the project programme on a weekly basis
- Daily review of the weekly work plan, and brief trade supervision on action required
- Ensures the short term plans and performance requirements are delivered, including re-prioritisation of works, to include holding weekly progress meetings.
Liaison with client and end users and neighbours
- Manage aspirations of client, end users and neighbours
- Resolve queries and complaints
- Develop relationships for the future
- Report on progress, problems and information requirements.
- Understand project objectives and communicates to site teams
- Determines the site set-up with all roles clearly communicated to ensure all parties understand their responsibilities and are accountable
- Ensure company procedures are being maintained by internal review
What you will need?
Occupation Competency Card- CSCS Site Manager Card
HSEQ Training- SSSTS & SMSTS, First Aid, Cat & Genny Training, Temporary Works training
Qualification- Construction Management Degree or Civil Engineering Degree