About the role:
- As Construction Supervisor will support the Project Manager and Engineering Lead to monitor activities at one or various sites to provide assurance to our client that the works undertaken will not result in any detrimental effect. This will be done by providing a site presence with some remote working, during construction to ensure that all activities are carried out as per the approved design drawings, method statements, risk assessments, lift plans etc. and that no unscheduled/unsafe works are in progress.
- Written reports will be completed on a daily basis containing full details of all site activities, and any other pertinent points, including a photographic record of activities. It is highlighted that the Construction Supervisor role is strictly a monitoring role, there will be no jurisdiction to instruct, request or approve any changes to previously approved documentation or working methods.
What you will need?
- You will have a full clean UK driving licence
- Construction supervision / inspection / civil and structural engineering experience.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Ability to carry out a monitoring role without instructing, requesting or approving any changes.
- Ability to adhere to strict Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures.
- Ability to work under own initiative, whilst liaising and coordinating with other team members and reporting to Project Manager on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively and regularly with clients and contractors, both verbally and in written correspondence and reports.
- Ability to attend site and meetings.