NRL are currently recruiting for a Control and Instrument Engineer to based on a site in the Knutsford area. As a Control and Instrument Engineer you would be working in the Nuclear industry for an industry leader supporting clients across the energy generation and new build sectors.
This role will be based in the Knutsford office with the opportunity to travel to client sites, as required.
- Execute the role in a safe and secure manner
- Deliver high-quality C&I engineering tasks to time, quality, budget, and client satisfaction
- Be proactive in personal development
- Provide technical oversight and acceptance of the I&C systems throughout all phases of the development lifecycle (speciﬁcation of requirements, design, manufacture, validation, and commissioning), delivered to site
- Produce & review safety case documentation
- Provide oversight of veriﬁcation and validation activities
- Full life-cycle development (hardware and software) of either control or protection systems
- Software qualification of SMART devices and PLCs
- Functional Safety determination (both probabilistic and deterministic)
- C&I Ageing and Obsolescence Management
- Production and modification of nuclear C&I safety cases and / or cyber security cases
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Electronic / Electrical / Control Engineering) or successful completion of a relevant apprentice scheme in a nuclear context.
- Eligible to gain BPSS and CTC vetting (minimum security clearance).
- Chartered or Incorporated engineer status with a relevant professional body or evidence of working towards gaining these professional titles.
- Strong communication skills.
NRL connects global engineering companies with the right people to help their businesses grow and thrive, connecting organisations and candidates that share the same values and drive to succeed. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to help you explore the role and answer any questions you have.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.