About the opportunity:
Our client is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
The client provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges. As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
We are currently recruiting a Cost Assistant for PPP project to be part of Cost & Profit team and assist with project cost control, cost forecasting and cost assurance activities in accordance with procedures and PPP policies. Responsible for personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the Clean Energy HSE processes.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for specific scopes of work (SOW) in line with the contract and PPP cost allocation codes
- Assist in the preparation of the projects set up in Oracle (Pricing tool, forecasts update)
- Assist in Employee approval process, help with onboarding of new staff and liaise with Resource team
- Assist in preparation of monthly application for payment to the Client
- Ensure accurate and timely capture and allocation of labour and non-labour costs and liaise with relevant parties if necessary.
- Management of project records, regular review of transactions and timely correction of errors in bookings
- Work with Shared Services on resolution of Accounts Payable, HR issues
- Liaise with PPP project controllers to obtain/provide information as required
- Collaborative approach to PPP Cost & Profit work liaising with other PPP Partners if necessary
- Assist in raising invoices in line with approved payment certificates
- Assist with update of databases.
- Assist with PPP and Client preparation of audit evidence to ensure compliance with PPP procedures and the contract
- Assist with preparation of annual statement and underpinning reconciliations and payroll true-ups
- Reporting to PPP Finance Manager
- Supporting PPP project team with ad hoc tasks
- Degree/qualification in relevant technical or business discipline or can be substituted by relevant experience.
- Good Excel skills and ability to work with spreadsheets and formulae
- Accounting/payroll/cost experience is an advantage
- Preferably good knowledge of current processes (Finance, HR, project controls)
- Knowledge of Computerised cost management and reporting systems preferred (Oracle or IPCS)
- Sellafield security clearance will be required
- Effective / Competent Computerised systems skills.
- Good understanding of project controls principles and techniques.
- Good understanding of Costs and Estimating
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and quick learner
- Collaborative attitude
- Travel to Hinton House in Warrington will be required on regular basis (depending on client’s requests/office availability)