This position is permanent not contract - candidates MUST be UK resident
Purpose of the role:
- Maintain and control the System Hardware and Software changes as generated by the Assets and Automation Team and act as System Manager for Primary asset to meet business unit SHE (Safety, Health, Environment) / reliability and commercial targets.
- Scope and design DCS systems for new Automation Projects to match targets for SHE, reliability, flexibility and manufacturing performance improvement
Experience you will need:
- Develop and deliver a total asset care service including design, maintenance, modifications and upgrades
- Advise appropriate teams carrying out plant improvements on scope, definition and specification of automation hardware
- Develop and supervise the implementation of engineering solutions and improvements to the asset DCS equipment enabling the plant to meet its performance targets
- Maintain and ensure security of local systems domain to prevent Cyber attacks
- Assess manufacturers¿ notifications of known insecurities on systems and advise asset on vulnerabilities and develop remediation plan
- Execute and complete the recovery plan for programmable systems during major incidents/emergencies to maximize plant availability
- Coach and develop systems and team members, increasing their technical knowledge systems
- Monitor and improve equipment performance to maximize DCS availability
- Develop and deliver systems diagnostics training to all relevant users outside team
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Degree qualified in measurement and control or equivalent.
- Expertise and demonstrable experience in DCS systems
- Proven IT skills with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 & Win7/Win10 knowledge including a thorough understanding of computer systems and networking.
- DCS systems design capability
- Strong analytical ability to support effective troubleshooting and determine solutions to complex technical problems which the jobholder may have not seen before.
- Technical competencies in Control Systems/PLCs/SISs
- Honeywell TPN/TPS/PKS
- Active Directory
- PES (Programmable electronic System)
- Solid State ESD systems (ICS)
- Machinery Protection systems (CCC, Bently Nevada)
- Excellent salary on offer DOA
- Full company staff benefits