Fife area - Contract will be min 6 months to 12 months
About the role:
- Main Purpose
- Responsible for the creation of drawings and other design deliverables to the required standards.
- Required to contribute to, as well as, supporting the whole project and product design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
- The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practice’s as relevant to the discipline.
What you will need:
- Min 1 year experience in Marine sector
- Preparation/production of drawings in support of detail design in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
- Preparation/production of fabrication drawings in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
- Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries
- Produce and update ‘as built’ drawings and documentation.
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
- Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
- Knowledge, Experience and Skill
- Knowledge of Offshore/Onshore/Marine Structural detail design and manufacturing outputs requirements.
- Knowledge of design into manufacturing requirements, allowing for efficient manufacture.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a coordinated team to produce outputs of a high (right first time) standard.
- Be proficient in; Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office.
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
Whats in it for you:
- Excellent rate with 6 to 12 months full time contract