- Manage the design end-to-end bid process for the Building Co.
- Manage Building Co. design team and inputs from key stakeholders, typically engaging with external Client team, external design consultants, internal FM Co, internal construction and estimation teams, specialist sub-contractors, internal finance & commercial, internal legal and project management / delivery. For clarity the role manages the timely deliveries / coordinated deliveries of the above and not the detailed knowledge of each (eg. Legal)
- Work with the PPP team and Design team to maintain focus on the clear win strategy for each PPP design and ensure win themes are clear and compelling.
- Understand and resolve complex PPP technical, strategic, and business issues.
- Prepare and review the technical aspects of the design, ensuring all works are included in the final design to the customer.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the design process.
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as providing guidance around the executive summary and all PPP narratives – including story boarding and style).
- Manage the design budget and monitor and track/report on overall performance.
- Ensure timescales are achieved at each step of the design process, including all internal governance, while taking the initiative in setting realistic deadlines.
- Ensure on-time submission of compliant and sound PPP design.
- Co-ordinate and plan all periodic client presentations required as part of the design submission.
- Drive continuous improvement, through post-design reviews, both internally and with customers
- Stay focused and keep others focused
- Ideally has a background in construction / project management / design management from through to project delivery.
- A confident decision maker.
- Not to lose oneself in design details but understand and manage efficient design solutions.
- Proven team leadership skills in office-based and virtual work environments.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working at CEO / Director Level (internal and external customer)
- Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace.
- Sound commercial understanding with risk management skills
- Ability to manage complex technical multi-workstream solutions.
- Solid understanding of Target Value Design and Constructability solutions.
- Ability in delivering winning, multi-million-euro bids
What’s in it for you:
- Chance to work with a great team on some of Ireland’s largest and most exciting construction and civil engineering projects.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills