They are a private-sector group operating in the public interest. Their purpose is to finance, design, build and manage facilities for use by businesses, communities and individuals.
The heart of our identity is the core principle of the workplace - trust, respect and mutual assistance, putting people before systems at the same time encouraging individual initiative and teamwork.
- Division: Building
- Annual Salary: Approx £65-69,000 per annum- negotiable so please advise
- Car allowance
- Vacancy Type: Full Time Permanent
Experience: 10 years in Design Management role for projects of value £10-70m Healthcare & Medical Research / Biosciences sector delivery via Procure Healthcare framework Other project sector experience desirable.
- Professional Institution Membership- CIOB
- Qualification- Level 6
Responsible for initiating and leading tasks and processes, taking responsibility and being accountable, where relevant, for the work and roles of others whilst exercising broad autonomy and judgement within broad parameters in their area of responsibility. Specialist learning and involves detailed analysis of a high level of information and knowledge in an area of work or study
- Assist the Regional/Senior Design Manager in discharging their tender stage tasks and responsibilities
- Review the Project Information including the Employer’s Requirements, Contractor’s Proposals and Design Team appointments to brief the Design Team on their contractual obligations and their corresponding duties
- Agree, in conjunction with the site team, the specialist subcontractor procurement strategy
- Produce and agree the Project Stage Design Program and associated Design Deliverables with the primary, secondary and specialist subcontract designers and monitor / report on progress
- Produce and agree the Project Stage Specialist sub-contractor Procurement Schedule and Installation/Commission Program
- Monitor / report on progress to ensure overall progress against program is maintained
- Establish and agree the project Common Data Environment (CDE), the project file structure, virtual file links, email file links, security rights, work flows and voting rights
- Establish the frequency and content for all design coordination workshops and progress meetings
- Produce the project specific Design Management Plan (DMP) and BIM Execution Plan (BEP) and monitor compliance
- Close out design assumptions, design opportunities (VE), design risks (HSE/CDM) made during the early stages of the design or the tender process
- Verify that all new design documentation is compliant, coordinated, affordable and buildable on a weekly basis in accordance with the DMP
- Manage the submission and timely approval of all reviewable design data
- Assist in the commercial and technical review of specialist subcontract tender returns, establish interfaces and review alternative design
- Prepare technical submissions for alternative designs, system, component, product and or material proposals for client approval
- Progress the discharge of all outstanding Planning Conditions and the approval of all Building Regulation matters
- Manage the post contract change control process in accordance with the DMP
- Ensure all primary, secondary and specialist subcontractor Design Risk Assessments are produced for review and approval
- Chair and record the outcomes of all primary, secondary and specialist subcontractor design workshops/meetings
- Obtain responses to primary, secondary designers’ TQs from the client’s team and specialist subcontractor TQs from the primary designers
- Monitor the production and quality of all design documentation against the agreed Design Quality / Key Performance Indicators
- Review and approve primary and secondary designers’ Applications for Payment
- Obtain Design Reports from primary and secondary designers to accompany the monthly CVRs
- Progress the approval of all specified design certificates including, CDM, BREEAM, Secure by Design
- Ensure that all changes to primary and secondary design work are incorporated in the As-Built design documentation
- Undertake design performance reviews for all primary, secondary and specialist subcontractor designers
- Assist the Document Controller in archiving all final issue design documentation, for all As-Built Drawings, O&M Manuals, Health and Safety File and Post Construction Stage BREEAM certificate
- Undertake or commission design autopsies on primary / secondary design defects
- Produce a project specific Best Practice / Lessons Learnt paper
How to apply
- If you are interested in the above, or know someone who is, please forward me A recent CV and pictures of certification
- Alternatively if you would like further information please contact myself at the Sunderland Branch.
Working with NRL
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.