The Nuclear Facility Infrastructure department delivers complex upgrades and modifications to facility assets and infrastructure in support of the Submarine maintenance programme at Devonport Royal Dockyard. The department has a significant forthcoming workload with essential construction and upgrade projects to support the Submarine programme. The projects are diverse and encompass mechanical, electrical and civil elements across the full EPCM lifecycle.
This is a full time position for a Technical Quality Documentation Manager (TDQM) that will be responsible for maintaining the configuration management system (Autodesk Vault) and the associated due process related to activities within the SSBN Facility Readiness Programme.
Contract role based at Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth, 36 Hours per week working Monday - Friday. 7.30/8am start.
Main Purpose of Role
- TQDM will be the focal point for Due Process activities, managing the suitable delivery of document packages through Due Process, liaising with sponsors, authors, reviewers, approvers, IPR and Safety Committees to ensure compliance and assist in the resolution of issues.
- This role has a specific responsibility for aspects of the Verification Process, to include: administrating Verification Management Meetings, issuing documents iaw Verification Plans, completing Reference Reviews and tracking Verifications through to close out.
- TQDM also delivers support and facilitates hazard protection and retrieval of key configuration items e.g. Change Requests, Forward Action Plans & Concessions.
- Document management experience in a regulated environment, plus an understanding of relational database methodology would be advantageous.
- To succeed in this role the ideal candidate will be diligent with documentation and ensure compliance with processes. They will have a keen eye for detail, possess excellent communication and organisational skills, have the ability to prioritise, and work on their own initiative with a flexible attitude.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Vault, Microsoft Office, Access and SharePoint is desirable.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent