Our client in the nuclear industry is currently looking to recruit an EC&I Supervisor to work on a contract basis in Aldermaston for the control and supervision of the EC&I installation. The suitable candidate will ensure work is undertaken within accordance with the safe system of work, ensuring work is effectively controlled and co-ordinated to minimise delays and costs in meeting construction programme dates.
- Ensuring that activities (e.g., audits) are undertaken to supervise electrical installation/maintenance activities for the MENSA project
- Establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information
- Liaise with Staff Representatives to resolve problems and/or disputes.
- Be fully conversant with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and understand the responsibilities placed upon them.
- Communicate at all levels with labour under their control on any aspect of the Company’s business, which may be appropriate.
- Promote communications between those under their control and other groups in the location to ensure the team is working in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Liaise and communicate with the client and/or contractor on any aspects that are appropriate.
- Supervise employees under their control and ensure that all auditable daily records are kept.
- SC clearance in place
- City & Guilds 2391-52, Initial and Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations Course
- Minimum ONC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering preferred or approved apprenticeship (or equivalent City & Guilds)
- NVQ 3 in Electrical engineering (or related subject)
- IET wiring Regulations BS7671 (IEE 17th Edition) trained (18th Edition desirable)
- Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- CSCS/ECS Card in appropriate discipline (mandatory)
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Course (SSTSC)
- NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
- 10 years Electrical experience, preferably 5 of which as Foreman/Supervisor, and 3 of these on site, -covering Installation/Maintenance topics
- Competitive hourly rate
- Initial 5-month contract
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
For temporary workers and contractors opting to work with us through our Pay as You Earn (PAYE) payroll service, we’re delighted to offer a wealth of benefits including access to virtual and telephone GP appointments 24/7, health and wellness resources, gym discounts and retail savings.