This is an exciting opportunity to support our clients partners within the housing, educational, residential and local council sectors.
About the role:
- Carry out design of Electrical Building services under the supervision of senior engineers using industry standard calculation software such as Amtech, Hevacomp and Dialux.
- Work with and assist both Senior Mechanical & Electrical Engineers together with other members of a multidiscipline design team.
- Liaise with clients and other design disciplines
- Produce specifications, design drawings, survey work under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Write technical reports and produce detailed calculations.
What you will need:
- Qualification (HNC) leading to Degree Standard in a relevant discipline, or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of UK regulations is essential
- Experience of working within Building Services engineering design consultancy practice
- Working knowledge of AutoCad
- Revit MEP awareness and willingness to develop to BIM standards
- An appreciation of quality assurance and business management
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Able to work effectively with colleagues and with a professional approach to external clients
- An enquiring approach with a desire to explore innovative ideas whilst still understanding the need for a good commercial balance
- Being able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Report writing skills, with MS Office experience
- Available to travel short term in UK and overseas
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rate / salary package
- Opportunity for development
- Opportunity to further progress working with a major engineering consultancy