About the role:
A multi-award-winning Design Consultancy whose ambition is to be a key contributor towards the zero-carbon transition as part of an enterprise-wide transformation within ENGIE Impact. ENGIE Impact was created to accelerate the sustainability transformation for corporations, cities and governments. ENGIE Impact helps organizations embed sustainability into their operational strategies, allowing them to bridge the gap between sustainability commitments and realized results that capture economic value and make organizations more competitive over the long term.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our growing team. Based from our Dublin office, the role will be involved in various projects including data centre, biopharma / pharma, medical devices, food and drink sectors with some travel to various construction sites.
Candidates should be an Electrical Engineer with over 10 years’ experience in a consulting engineering office or in an engineering role within a manufacturing company with a heavy design emphasis.
- Responsible for running of medium size projects. Undertakes a client facing role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
What you will need:
- BEng, MSc, and have sufficient experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE or HNC/HND + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Familiar with electrical engineering design software suites such as Amtech, Easypower, PTW etc.
- Experienced in BIM/REVIT
- Familiar with MV & LV power distribution
- Fully conversant with current Irish Regulations e.g. ET-101:2008 (National Rules for Electrical Installations)
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent technical skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Proficient in CAD
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Background in consulting or construction preferred
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy
What is in it for you:
- Good contract rates
- Long term contract