They essentially work in the construction industry, in a rapidly expanding market for Heat and Power Solutions from Renewable Energy sources.
The Renewable energy sector will soon overtake older conventional power sources, Its a fantastic opportunity to get your career in Renewables off the ground, or just expand and grow with a fantastic company.
- We have openings from Intermediate up to Principal level.
- Based either in Glasgow Or Blackburn.
- A full time, Permanent Staff position.
Vital Energi are at the forefront of the UK's low carbon energy generating systems of the future. They essentially work in the construction industry, in a rapidly expanding market for Heat and Power Solutions from renewable energy. As a leading turnkey engineering contractor, they design, install, operate and maintain environmentally friendly energy generating systems and networks.
Due to Vital Energi's continued growth, they require an Electrical Engineer, based at their Head Office in Blackburn, UK or their office in Glasgow, Scotland; to work in this exciting and growing sector of the industry.
- Family Owned and Run
- Very and increasingly, profitable
- Working in a sustainable market
- Forward thinking
- Culture: Encouraging their staff to move up through the ranks, having a very healthy training budget behind them
- They will truly invest in the right people. People who have joined several years ago as trainees are now principals and the company generally retain staff very well.
- An amazing, innovative office environment
- A great order book of business and clients
- Only very marginally affected by COVID-19 pandemic
Reporting to the Senior/Principal Design Engineer, this role involves a broad range of detailed design including District Heating systems and energy centre design.
This will at times include initial project conceptual work, site investigations and surveys, client meetings and input into project submissions and presentations.
What you will need
The successful candidates will ideally be qualified at Degree level or similar (HNC/ HND) experience in a design/ design build environment (Greater for senior positions)
The Successful individual will
- Design of distributed energy schemes, energy centres, DH networks up to the point of heat delivery.
- High Voltage (Design) experience is essential (11kV, 33kV)
- Experience with Power systems
- Protection and Fault studies
- Provide support on larger projects
- Have an awareness of cost implications within design.
- Assist with effectively dealing with design issues and minimising their impact.
- Ability to design systems in the form of calculations, equipment selection and process operation.
- Liaising with external designers, customers and Vital Energi’s in-house project teams.
- Compliance with CDM requirements and our in in-house design processes.
- Ability to design systems in the form of schematics, calculations, equipment selection, detailed drawings and BMS control operating strategies.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and best practice with company procedures.
- Assistance in specifying the mechanical aspects for tendering works.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary- Negotiable, please advise on your desired salary based on Seniority.
- Fantastic working environment with opportunities to promote
- Contributory Company Pension Scheme
- Non-contributory death-in-service insurance
- 33 Days Holiday including BH
- Flexible working hours patterns
How to apply
If you are interested in the above, or know someone who is, please either forward me A recent CV or apply directly through this link.
Alternatively if you would like further information please contact myself at the Sunderland Branch.
Working with NRL
NRL connects global engineering companies with the right people to help their businesses grow and thrive, connecting organisations and candidates that share the same values and drive to succeed. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to help you explore the role and answer any questions you have.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.