NRL are currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator to work on behalf of one of our leading clients in the Nuclear Sector based in the North West.
Long Term * New Project * Excellent Rate * Highly rated / award winning company *
Interesting Work scope * Quick Turnaround *
The Estimator will prepare and strengthen cost estimates to the level of accuracy required, to consider budget constraints, time, scope definition. The Estimator will perform reviews of existing estimates to monitor compliance with standards and procedures and make any necessary recommendations for improvement together with the generation of new estimates across a variety of multi-disciplined projects.
Key skills / attributes:
- Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience and MACostE is desirable
- Ability to support the development of an estimate strategy within a project environment.
- Collate and analyse project cost estimates at each phase of the project.
- Experienced at reviewing and validating estimates from internal and external sources.
- Provide valuable input to the tender review process.
- Experience of interfacing with project planning teams to ensure alignment between estimate and Project Plan.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of management, producing monthly reports, to an agreed reporting cycle, through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
- Experience of working in a heavily regulated industry sector i.e Nuclear, MOD, Defence, Construction, Rail, Marine, Pharmaceutical etc.
- Engineering Background (Mechanical, Piping, Fabrication, Civil Engineering).
Excellent organisation and communication skills are key to this role.
Be highly proactive, logical thinker, adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Highly committed due to longevity of work.
BPSS and/or SC Cleared or willingness to undertake clearance.