To manage a range of building and general support services within the Facilities Department, to plan and programme office rearrangements and to ensure a safe working environment within the area of responsibility.
- Provide ‘hands-on’ support in maintaining the building and its facilities. Manage/supervise building and general services maintenance and provide regular feedback on current work to the Support Services Manager.
- Carry out risk assessments whenever required and issue permits to work within own area of responsibility.
- Plan office rearrangements in conjunction with the appropriate management, maintain all current floor plans and modify where required to new arrangements using AutoCAD or other drawing tool.
- Work as part of the team in providing a flexible service and be available whenever possible for silent hours emergencies.
- Comply with all current Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and report any breaches via the appropriate reporting routes.
- Provide and maintain office furniture as required and keep Support Service Manager informed of requirements for new items.
You will need:
- Formal qualifications/experience in a discipline appropriate to the role.
- Full knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental practices, and relevant H&S legislation
- Sound knowledge of commercial procedures relating to specification, competitive quotation and supply
- Ability to supervise and manage the work of subordinate staff, including contract staff
- Understands and works to commercial procedures for purchasing, tenders/quotations and monitoring of contractors to provide fully auditable records
- Good general understanding of costs and market rates in all areas of responsibility
What's in it for you?:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Long term contract
- High profile project