About the role:
We are looking for candidates with Marine systems or Fire Systems Engineering experience.
- Take responsibility of some Fire Suppression Systems, reviewing all associated Third Party Information including drawings, datasheets, calculations, panel design etc.
- Lead on the communication of these systems designs for their integration into the Ship and it’s systems.
- Lead on the management of system data into the project Master Equipment List.
- Develop TES for valves, remote manual operation, bellows, instantaneous couplings, foam tube closing caps.
- Proactive management of time and reporting of progress to the Fire SDDA.
- A good working knowledge of marine systems and performing hydraulic calculations
- Working knowledge of Fire Suppression systems.
- Ability to understand and interpret Classification Society (Lloyd’s Register) requirements in the context of piping, nozzle and detection head positions.
- Experience of assessing system block diagrams.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to identify inconsistencies across complex datasets and design information.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems via liaison with other functions across the project.
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept at communicating at various levels across technical and commercial settings.
- Ability to clearly articulate progress and report key issues and risks to team management, and proactively work to minimise technical and schedule impacts.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD essential and MS Visio desirable.
What’s in it for you:
Competitive rate (dependent on experience)
Excellent career opportunities within this major blue chip company