About the role:
- Developing and managing gas connections for Low Carbon pipeline projects
- Working with the relevant 3rd parties to determine how the project will be connected for fuel – requirements informed by our Process Team
- Liaising with engineering and project team to develop and manage the connection
- Capable of feeding into development the Transport and Storage requirements at strategic, commercial, and technical level with a view to managing carbon/hydrogen connections in the future
- Establishing potential ancillary services for Low Carbon projects and working with project/engineering/commercial team to ensure these are captured and optimised
- Managing the grid connections for some of company projects
- There may be other discrete tasks reviewing consultations or tenders applicable to projects or feasibility of application of other technology (eg. Integrating BESS)
What you will need?
- Ideally will have some kind of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Qualifications
- Specifically looking for someone with experience of gas connections as well as electrical grid connections – contractual arrangements, application process and steps - prior dealings with National Grid Gas would be useful
- Grid (electrical) experience - renewables or thermal
- Good understanding of GB gas and/or electricity systems – connections processes, charging regimes etc.
- Broad understanding of technologies – CCGT, storage (BESS), CCS and future Hydrogen (CCGTs and electrolysis)