- Undertake radiation and contamination surveys.
- Support site operations as they progress by monitoring the radiological conditions and reporting the results.
- Undertake surveying operations in areas with enhanced levels of radioactive contamination wearing appropriate PPE/RPE.
- Review and support the production of health physics documentation.
- Be required to participate in emergency arrangements.
- Perform the responsibilities of local/management appointments relevant to post.
Desirable skills, aptitudes and experience:
Qualifications and Experience
- City and Guilds Radiological Protection Course – Part 1 or to be qualified to N/SVQ Level 2
- 1 years’ experience (minimum), in the role of Health Physics Surveyor as part of an experienced site team working in radiological areas under the 2017 Ionising Radiation Regulations
- Open, flexible approach to work and prepared to undergo training.
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff/contractors at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Required to be designated as a classified worker and as such must be 18 years old or over in accordance with the Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017.