To co-ordinate work systems such as a bespoke 10 Dock Action and close out tracker as a standalone 10 Dock process to ensure that working conditions are safe and meet legal requirements.
To oversee the accuracy of open actions, log new actions and ensure expedient close out in accordance with Construction Industry standards and timeframes, develop, implement, and evaluate health and safety monitoring systems and strategies. Minimisation of sub-contract standing time due to Babcock controlled delays and release of technical information. These works will reside within the 10 Dock facility only, and will be directed by the associated Construction Management team
The HSSE Administrator – Enabling Works is accountable to the nominated 10 Dock Construction Manager.
The Administrator would correlate logged observations from the site teams to the trackers and allocate those responsible for close out would be notified officially. Also, responsible progress any outstanding actions on to close out; and/or raise status during weekly meetings or a 10 dock HSE Forum; especially none closure of actions.
The HSSE Administrator – Enabling Works will be accountable for initial logging and management of submitted Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) the correct nomenclature and storage of submitted reports, photos and general safety related correspondence.
In addition, HSSE Administrator – Enabling Works shall assist in the control and update of the Site Control Office (SCO).
Principal Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To provide HSE Administrative Support to the 10 Dock MIP project delivery team
- Compile accurate MIP 10 Dock weekly and monthly statistical reports and prepare ppt presentations for meetings / forums
- Assisting the HSE team in the compilation of Risk Register / ensuring it is provided for and maintained to date
- Manage the Risk Assessment Method Statement Register, issuance of RAMS to designated personnel – Tech Reps, HSSE specialists, HSSE Manager and package / construction managers and manage status findings with package manager and supply chain
- Support the maintenance of the Company Incident Management Reporting (Near misses, accident incident reporting) system, and ensure actions are tracked and closed out proficiently (compiling archives for internal and external auditing / inspections) effectively managed
- Managing behavioural Safety observations scheme / trending, and incentive / award schemes
- Providing administration services to the MIP HSSE delivery team as appropriate
- Assist in the filing of minutes, reports, CV’s training records and certificates, etc.
- Searching, distribution and logging of Safety Alerts on the dockyard, or across industry / construction
- Assist in the maintenance of the Construction Phase Plan / HSSE Improvement Plan – based of data compilation notifying / early warning as and when up-dates / improvements may be required
- Raise and correlate documentation to assist in traffic management requests.
- Assist in the compilation of incident information to identify incident trends
- Assist in the application of the Devonport Dockyard / MIP Lessons Learned Process
- Assist in the development of HSSE Presentations for MIP purposes
- Assist in the development of HSSE Quarterly Themes, innovations / initiatives & Campaigns
- Operate / coordinate within the extended MIP HSSE Team outside 10 Dock – e.g. supplying stats, trends, safety alerts
- Participate in MIP 10 Dock Safety forum (management) & (blue collar) HSE committees and compile minutes of meetings / coordinate feedback and progress chase actions / improvements onto completion
- Ensure all work is conducted in full compliance with the MIP delivery team / Client's HSS&E policies, procedures and Safety Management System
- Be prepared to accompany site management site safety tours
- Other duties as and when required in support of the HSSE and Construction teams
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role with full MS Office knowledge and reporting skills and knowledge of the following:
- major construction project experience desirable
- HSE experience desirable
- Good Oral & written communication
- Good Team working skills