NRL are currently recruiting for various positions to support the upcoming outage at Dungeness B Power Station. Starting Jan/Feb 2022 Q1
About the Role
- Report to the QA Lead /QA Engineers.
- Carryout accurate inspection of the site works to enable progress consistent with the programme for the works. This will be done in consultation with the Site Engineer.
- Record any problems encountered during the site works on relevant documentation (i.e. Site Inspection Reports; Non-conformance Reports; Technical Clarification Reports; etc.) and notify the Outage Manager via the Site QA lead/QA engineer of the detail at the earliest opportunity.
- Maintain the documentation required for the site works and record any identified problems encountered.
- Ensure compliance by Staff and any Sub-contractors with the requirements of the associated documentation for undertaking the works.
- Produce a daily log of the work and forward to the Site QA Lead/QA Engineer for input to his daily report / nightshift log.
- Understand the inspection requirements applicable to the works and identify any equipment needs and any potential inspection problems.
- Ensure the correct inspection methods are used appropriate to the characteristics being measured and that suitably calibrated equipment is used.
- Ensure that any non-conforming items are correctly designated "Quarantine" or "Non Conformance" and that appropriate procedures for disposition are applied.
- Ensure that non-conforming items are correctly identified and that bonded areas are maintained.
- Ensure that working documents, inspection and test reports, weld record sheets etc., are accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure in liaison with Third Party Inspectors, that whenever any client or third party inspection / witness is required that appropriate equipment and personnel are available. This is to be done in conjunction with the Site Engineer.
- In date CTC Clearance
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Appropriate qualifications to satisfy SQEP requirement