About The Role:
Lead Mechanical & Piping (M&P) Engineer for Area 600/900, reporting to the Area Delivery Engineering Manager and DLE. Responsible for management and delivery of M&P designs for Area 600/900. Leads the Area team and co-ordinates delivery of work across associated systems. Responsible for final approval of all Area 600/900 M&P design and engineering deliverables. Act as single point of contact with the Area project management team concerning project programme, project controls input and general project management support.
Duties will also include the checking of engineering documents including drawings, identification of required resources, progress reporting, attendance of review meetings, liaison with client representatives and Discipline Lead Engineers.
What You Will Need:
- Degree qualified or demonstrable equivalent underpinning knowledge & understanding.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of working within a highly regulated industry.
- Nuclear experience preferred working on Sellafield Ltd projects.
- Proven experience of leading and managing M&P design & engineering teams containing engineers, designers and pipe stress analysts.
- Ability to provide technical input, guidance and leadership for the production of M&P deliverables
- Awareness of current standards, regulations, legislation and technical developments.
- Detailed knowledge of Piping Design and Plant Layout
- Proven understanding of Mechanical & Pipe Specifications
- Control of schedule and manhour budgets
- Liaison with technical specialists within the JV parent companies
- A working knowledge of SL standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of PDMS / Navisworks
- Knowledge of CAESAR 2 software
- A self-starter with good communication, analytical and team working skills.
- Experience in interrogating design in the context of assuring its fitness for purpose with respect to design process, rigour and functionality.
- Ability to chair and control meetings.
- Microsoft Office, MS Teams, SharePoint
- Navisworks, PDMS, CEASAR 2 (an advantage)