This newly created position requires a visionary technology leader who inspires and leads the development and implementation of a learning technology mission and vision customized. The role supports the OneHR transformation and specifically the transformation of the L&CD function. Working with key stakeholder groups, the role will develop the digital learning strategy for employee development globally in alignment with the global learning and capability development strategy. It is accountable for coordinating the deployment of the learning technology strategy in conjunction with the HR Manager, Learning and Capability Development Operations.
The role collaborates with the HR and Business leadership teams globally to design, manage and implement effective strategies for integrating innovative technology and virtual learning practice. The Learning Technology Leader supports the Global Director of Learning and Capability Development in creating a vision and a roadmap to create a world-renowned approach to digital employee learning.
This position is accountable for the following end results:
- Lead the development of the global learning technology strategy, ensuring alignment to the global learning and capability development strategy. This will include sourcing, designing, sustaining, and improving technical solutions for learning, including those on the existing LMS roadmap, working in cooperation with the HR Manager, Learning and Capability Development Operations.
- Lead the Learning Experience Designer and partner with the L&CD Operations Teams and the Global Business Learning Manager to design and deliver innovative digital training solutions to meet business needs and strategic goals, working in partnership with SMEs across the organization to improve the learning experience.
- Identify areas of learning and capability development for automation and digital innovation and lead on the implementation of new initiatives.
- Accelerate the implementation of the digital learning strategy so that over time, the majority of business and technical learning takes place digitally.
- Lead the curation of learning content, enabling learners to manage their own learning and career paths, and embed their learning as part of their day to day activity.
- Ensure Learning content (whether in-house or available through 3rd parties) is well designed, brings appropriate consistency and quality, includes a range of media and formats, and enables learning in real time using performance support tools.
- Lead the upgrade of e-learning programmes with high quality, digital delivery.
- Scan the market for new technologies and initiatives and propose improvements in Digital Learning.
- Lead the digitalisation of existing person to person content so that it moves away from instructor led, classroom training to self-managed learning.
- Define and develop the digital element of leadership programmes ensuring it aligns with leadership model.
- Act as a thought leader in the digital learning space, delivering improvements to build a world-renowned proposition for employees.
- Significant experience in education technology and learning gained either in industry, a learning partner or consultancy.
- Proven track record of design and facilitation of Digital Learning in a multi-national organization.
- Extensive experience of leading change (at scale) in a Learning environment, with proven expertise in transformation execution.
- Experience in working with leading edge Learning platforms (including LMS and LXP) and learning providers – both specifying requirements and getting the best return on investment for the learning function and the organization.
- Awareness of the global digital learning landscape and leading thinking and application of learning technology together with up to date knowledge of market leading digital learning vendors, available technologies and products.
- Thought leader on Digital Learning, with a proven track record of significantly enhancing the Digital Learning offering for an organization.
- Excellent understanding of adult learning theory and different approaches to people development including self-directed learning.
- An ability to build strong and effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, at all levels, through collaboration, professional credibility and emotional intelligence.
- Experienced in extracting and analysing learning data and presenting it in a way that is easily understood to inform, educate and recommend actions to both the individual learner and the business.
- Ability to plan time effectively, managing multiple work streams and conflicting priorities.
- Experience working with remote global teams and use of virtual meeting technologies.