You will be an integral member of a small team of 3 drivers, ensuring the customers’ needs are met. Responsibilities include dealing with customer orders and enquiries, so you should be passionate about delivering customer service. There is also a requirement to operate a large goods vehicle (LGV Rigid Vehicle) to deliver cylinders to customers; and to operate a forklift to sort and pick the customers' orders.
Success in this position depends on strong Interpersonal skills, organisational skills, operational and technical capacity, commercial acumen and ability to work within a small team.
As the Sales Centre Driver, you will:
- Ensure the company’s and legislative safety standards are complied with and maintained at all times on site.
- Pick, sort and load cylinders for customer deliveries
- Operate a rigid LGV in order to deliver cylinders to customers
- Operate the forklift when loading vehicles for customer deliveries
- Manage the maintenance and operation of cylinder delivery vehicle in line with O licence requirements
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping at all times
- Deal with customers, following up on enquiries, supplying leads to the commercial team
- Large Goods Vehicle Licence (class 2)
- ADR Licence (Packages minimum class 2)
- Driver Certificate of Professional Competence
- Forklift Licence
- Literacy in PC and mobile devices
- Knowledge of local areas
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the phone
- Strong focus on safety and strong adherence to company procedures
- Able to work under own initiative