This is a contract position for apporx. 4-6 months.
- Interpret project manufacturing requirements, create schedule/resourcing plans, then communicate these into the organisation ensuring internal/external stakeholders are aligned and understand the part they play in successful project delivery.
- Lead and monitor all aspects of supply chain and manufacturing operations including preparation, execution, and delivery to project schedule through robust KPIs, intervening where necessary to resolve issues.
- Identify and lead initiatives within manufacturing operations targeting improvements in QHSE and OTD performance, and efficiencies / productivity initiatives to reduce cost base and COPQ.
- Line management, coaching/mentoring, and development of manufacturing operations team members across supply chain, process engineering, maintenance & facilities, production/testing, and stores/warehousing
- Build and maintain strong collaborative stakeholder relationships across all functions within the business embracing and promoting Tekmar group values and driving an ownership culture.
- Ensure HSE of our people and stakeholders is top priority through visible, inclusive leadership, driving improvements in safety behavioural culture and compliance to latest legislation.
- Assume accountability for achieving established supply chain and manufacturing KPI’s against agreed targets to ensure that project OTD is met, and customer schedule maintained.
- Ensure that the quality management system and manufacturing operations processes are followed, and that where necessary improvements are identified and implemented based on best practice.
- Create, promote, and lead a culture of continual improvement by encouraging team members to take accountability, identify and realise opportunities for positive change through lean/6 sigma principles, tools, and techniques.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improved process technology and asset management to drive predictable quality levels, cost efficiencies and improve productivity.
- Manage supply chain and manufacturing operations overhead budgets to plan, identifying opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiencies where possible.
- Responsible for setting manufacturing & test schedules and ensuring this is adequately resourced with appropriate headcount and competence levels.
- Monitor, document, and report progress against daily, weekly and monthly intervening and escalating where necessary to generate solutions and quick resolution to arising issues.
- Lead and motivate the supply chain and manufacturing operations team through ongoing communications, development of PDPs, 121 discussions, team briefings etc. to enable personal to realise their full potential and add value to the business.
- Support sales and project management with customer engagement activities such as audits, site visits, etc to demonstrate the depth of manufacturing expertise and capability.
- Experience within all aspects of manufacturing operations management gained through leadership of similar industry and related range of customers.
- Experience leading multi-disciplined teams from project inception through to completion covering key areas of supply chain, QHSE, manufacturing, process engineering, maintenance & facilities, test services.
- Knowledge and experience of the challenges and complexities of delivering projects within Subsea / Renewables offshore environment. Flexibles, Cable, Umbilical or Subsea protection / stability knowledge would be an advantage.
- HNC/HND or equivalent in technical Engineering discipline