Our client is a major global organisation with vast diversity in provision in Nuclear, Defence, Building & Infrastructure, Oil & Gas and Pharmaceutical. A highly successful company with a proven track record in the delivery of providing expertise in design, technical, engineering, professional and construction services.
Seeking an experienced Material Controller to be part of a major construction project based in Cumbria.
Responsible for all construction materials received, issued and dispatched within a large warehouse environment, to ensure an efficient inventory system is followed to all departmental policies, processes and standard operating procedures.
Key skills :
- Proven track record of working in a Stores / Warehouse environment preferably within the Construction or Engineering sector.
- To consistently manage the receiving, collection, storage and loading of all construction materials in a timely & efficient manner.
- Responsible for all stock control & rotation of materials, reporting any excess or material/goods shortages.
- To consistently review inventory processes and highlight any improvements to processes.
- To maintain an accurate document management system in the receipt and issuing of materials to ensure the needs of the project are met.
- To adhere to all quality, safety & environmental procedures in the safe storage of materials, using the appropriate lifting equipment.