Permanent Position - Glasgow
About the opportunity:
- We are looking to recruit high calibre staff to bolster our well-established and growing multi-discipline engineering delivery capability to meet opportunities in the nuclear and defence industries. Our projects include developing solutions through all RIBA stages in highly regulated environments, in support of air, land and sea defence establishments, the UK nuclear submarine fleet, and both existing and new build nuclear power stations. We require an experienced Mechanical Building Services Engineer, preferably with experience of working in the nuclear and/or defence industries, but also those with relevant industrial design experience looking to work in a technically challenging environment
- In this role you be part of a several hundred strong GS team across the UK, however you will work within the smaller Mechanical Engineering team based in Glasgow with occasional business travel to Client sites.
What you will need:
- Degree in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Experience in the use of CIBSE guides
- Experience in the production of design deliverables e.g. Plant sizing calculations (heating/ cooling/ fan sizing) and commissioning of a diverse range of mechanical building systems
- Familiarity with engineering software packages such as CAD, Hevacomp, BIM and simulation packages e.g. IES, Revit, CFD Analysis.
- Chartered Engineer (CIBSE/IMechE) or working towards Chartership
- Experience in producing tender specifications for mechanical building services
- Can liaise with multiple stakeholders and coordinate with other design disciplines
- Experience of coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- UK Nationals and able and willing to obtain SC level security clearance, and therefore must have been resident in the UK for the preceding 5 years
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent Salary Neg
- Full company benefits