As a result of increasing demand for our client’s services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
- Provide a supporting role to the Lead Mechanical Building Services Engineer to deliver the building services piped systems design packages.
- These include steam & condensate, LTHW, chilled water, potable and non-potable water, hot water, breathing air, vacuum supply and dry riser.
- Produce schematic drawings/SSDs & calculations and prepare technical reports, specifications, datasheets, assessments and other miscellaneous documents supporting the building services design process.
- Proven post graduate building services design experience (preferably within the nuclear industry) or similar experience
- Knowledge of key legislation applicable to building services design
- Experience in the delivery of written work. i.e specifications, reports etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of the HVAC discipline
- Familiarity with CIBSE guides A, B & C
- Familiarity with ASHRAE standards
- Experience of working in multifunctional teams
- Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively to create new opportunities
- Ability to think innovatively and solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
- Design substantiation and justification of engineered safety measures
- Communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals outside of the Company
- Understanding instrumentation and controls associated with building services systems.
- Knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
- Understanding of UK regulations applicable on nuclear facilities
- Familiar with the relevant Sellafield Limited Design Guides
- Familiar with the application of AVEVA P&ID and PDMS to projects.
- Familiar with ASME 31.3
- Hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering or similar plus demonstrable experience in the discipline
- Membership of either IMechE or CIBSE would be desirable
- Achieved or working towards either Chartered (CEng) or Incorporated (IEng) status
- Nuclear Industry experience (desirable but not essential)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rates
- Stable contract duration