12 Month assignment
Candidates MUST still be UK resident
About the role:
- The Designer is responsible for the creation of drawings and other design deliverables to the required standards. They are required to contribute to as well as supporting the whole project and product design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
- The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practice’s as relevant to the Marine System discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
What you will need:
- Preparation/production of CAD 3D models and 2D drawings in support of all Design Cycle phases but primarily, Detail and Production Designs in line with recognised industry and ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
- Preparation/production of mechanical/piping installation and fabrication drawings in line with recognised ISO and industry standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
- Deliverables to include; PFDs, P&IDs, Line, Valve & Equipment Lists, Isometric & Spool drawings, Spatial and Interface management of systems with coordination of associated disciplines, BOMs.
- Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
- Develop innovative design solutions.
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
- Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented. Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
- The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent qualification in Mechanical/Piping/Marine Systems discipline subject.
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
- Be proficient in the use of one or more parametric/spec driven CAD system both in a 3D & 2D environment. Preference to be with Hexagon S3D
- Experience in Design for Manufacture within a marine build and/or conversion marketplace (or similar).