The Permit Coordinator / Controller (PCO) will be responsible for support, administration and coordination of the Integrated Safe System of Work (SSOW) for 10 Dock. The PCO role will play a vital part in the safe and effective operation and maintenance of the facilities for all phases of site activities including construction, commissioning, start-up and operations. The PCO will actively engage with SHE, Construction team, Facilities/Operations and Commissioning teams. In the on-site monitoring and auditing of the PTW system and ensure that all relevant project policies are consistently adhered to and applied in full.
The Permit Coordinator / Controller is responsible for:
- The operation of the electronic PtW system.
- Issuing, cancelling and storing of all permits.
- Assisting the Area Authority and Performing Authority (AA & PA) in the execution of their PTW duties when requested.
- Ensuring that PTW updates/changes are effectively communicated to all personnel.
- Ensuring that new staff are registered in the PTW register at the appropriate level.
- Coaching, mentoring and training of project and contractor staff.
- Act as Chair and attend all PTW meetings.
- Supply accurate data and reports regarding PTW status as and when required.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to management teams as part of the continual improvement process
- HNC or equivalent in a relevant discipline. The requirement for a minimum academic standard might be re-considered for outstanding candidates with extensive experience in a relevant high hazard industry such as Offshore Oil and Gas or Mining.
- Construction NEBOSH Cert or BSC Diploma, and courses in specific high risk activities or working towards.
- Examples of Membership include: The Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (CMIOSH), ROSPA,
- Construction Group memberships, affiliations to engineering groups such as ICE.
- Desirable: Scaffold Inspection, Confined Spaces, Asbestos Awareness training qualification. If these are not already achieved must be working towards
- Ongoing CPD
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field of Construction Health and Safety Management in a relevant field.