SummaryWe now have a number of new and exciting opportunities for Planning Engineers with various levels of experience, to support high-profile nuclear and defence projects in the Bristol area.
Our client is a leading global consultancy with 75 years’ experience operating across the infrastructure, real estate, defence and natural resources sectors.
- Create and maintain project schedules that support and align with project requirements.
- Develop the project schedules in conjunction with the project manager and project team.
- Reduce uncertainty, know objectives and improve efficiency.
- Interact with project team to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
- Interact with and assist project managers to schedule work and coordinate assignments.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Breakdown critical path and constraints to understand effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
- Assist project managers to maintain timely and effective change management processes and procedures.
- Adherence to NEC or FIDIC contract processes for management of schedule data and submissions.
- Assist project team to develop status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Undertake Project Reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and consolidate the overall project plans.
- Monitor the project manager’s reporting system summarizing the progress status of all projects.
- Monitor and advise on status of project KPIs.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and/or other planning and resourcing software.
- Demonstrable Project management techniques.
- Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Good research and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Professional working knowledge of project management software and tools.
What’s on offerThis is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading global consultancy across some of the UK’s most high-profile nuclear and defence projects.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for its employees and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
About NRLNRL connects global engineering companies with the right people to help their businesses grow and thrive, connecting organisations and candidates that share the same values and drive to succeed. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to help you explore the role and answer any questions you have.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.