To manage the delivery of electrical engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost. Responsible for managing the technical aspects of the mechanical engineering packages from identification of the need, through to handover.
You will need:
- Ideally Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
- Design of high and low voltage electrical distribution systems;
- Design of control & instrumentation systems;
- Design of Communications and data systems;
- Design of electrical building services;
- Experience of substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
What's in it for you?:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Long term contract