- N125/ N093 Demolition
- C2 Caisson Demolition
- Existing Services for Demolition (Survey)
- Existing Services for Demolition (Removal)
- New Temporary Substation
- Interim Office Provision
- Radiological Hazard Removal
- Compilation / Provision of Pre-Construction Information
- Support to Early Contractor Involvement
- Internal Roads and Networks
- Removal of Existing Cranes
- Support to CDM Site Requirements
- Maintaining Site Operations
- Batching Plant
- Laydown Areas
- Treatment of Existing Services for Construction Works
- J1B Subway Removal
- J08 Entrance Caisson
- Gas Trench
- Existing Headwall Repair
- Existing Rock Anchors
The 10 Dock Enabling Works Principal Engineer (Civil/Structural) post operates as part of the Major Infrastructure Projects (MIP) Business Unit
- Develop scope and requirements for civil / structural related elements of 10 Dock Enabling Works scope – which may be delivered at project level or with Design House support.
- Provide civil / structural input to multi-disciplinary elements of 10 Dock Enabling Works Scope.
- Communicate and liaise with Enabling Works stakeholders, other Design Leads and Enabling Works project team.
- Agree and articulate how the Enabling Works design packages will support implementation of 10 Dock main construction.
- As individual packages dictate produce design deliverables or manage production by others for review and approval in accordance with Babcock’s Business Management System and MIP Design & Safety Manual.
- Plan for effective project implementation ensuring compliance with all relevant company/project arrangements, including for example CDM, BIM.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock’s Business Management System and MIP Design & Safety Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks (Health, Safety & Environmental) associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline e.g. Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council, or working towards.
- Nuclear: NUC0793 Nuclear Plant Foundation Course Module 1.
- NUC0794 Nuclear Fundamentals (Foundation) Course Module 2.
- NUC0911 Introduction to Safety Engineering (ITSE)
Sound understanding and application of relevant:
- Industry legislation
- Industry Codes and Standards
- Design Engineering Practices
- Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements
- Strong discipline knowledge
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive editorial and briefing skills
- Clear spoken and written English
- Numerate and computer literate
- Systems thinking.
Experience the post holder must:
- Have civil/structural engineering knowledge relevant to design of scope elements as identified in Section 1.0 of these ToRRs;
- Be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle;
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop an integrated design;
- Have a sound understanding of construction design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements;
- Have a sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience;
- Have a sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety, Environment and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures;
- Have a working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications including BIM;
- Have experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities or similar specialist applications.