As a result of increasing demand for our client’s services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
- Responsible for the Engineering Quality of the project delivery, ensuring compliance with client specifications and engineering standards.
- The role works alongside the Project Manager to ensure scope changes and time are managed.
- Responsible, in co-operation with Client Project Engineers, for the technical quality of all conceptual designs, design schemes and detail drawings and associated design documentation.
- Maintains compliance with Engineering Standards and applicable legislation
- To participate in Design Reviews and, where appropriate, organise such reviews. Ensure that subsequent design meets the projects' requirements.
- Maintain the technical capability of the delivery team, identify and cover capability shortfalls.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of data and information received from clients
- Ensuring the requirements of the Health & Safety of Work act, CDM, Machineries Directive, and the COSHH regulations are understood and complied with
- Report to the Project Management Team when project risks have been realised, or additional risks arise.
- To be the principle focal point for liaison with Client Engineering Management Personnel
- Maintain effective discipline.
- Maintain an overview of the project and provide direction on project process, communications and consistency of approach
- Promote a good working relationship
- HNC / HND or degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Ideally Chartered engineering & member of an appropriate institute. Must be approaching Chartered to be considered.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner, suitable for a varied audience
- Demonstrable communication skills with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Awareness and understanding of the purpose of Safety Cases in the Nuclear industry
- Ability to work in a team in a multidisciplinary environment, potentially in a construction site environment
- Ability to think innovatively and solve complex problems
- Experience of working in a safety and safety case environment within either the nuclear industry, or a similar highly regulated industry such as petrochemical or rail (preferable)
- Knowledge and experience of the application of some or all of the following techniques would be beneficial: mechanical plant, rotating equipment, piping, structural steelwork, HVAC, building services
- Knowledge/experience of operating in an environment with a graded approach to quality processes
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rates
- Stable contract duration