About the role:
- The purpose of this role is to provide process support for a refinery process unit (or combination of process units) and maintain its integrity in line with the refinery¿s strategy. Ensuring availability and process safety and to enable these process units to meet its commercial targets.
- Provide Process Engineering support to the following areas:
- Refinery Tank Farm
- Kinneil Crude Storage
- Finnart Ocean Terminal
- West Jetties
- Road Terminal at Dalston and the Grangemouth Road Terminal.
What you will need:
- Monitor the plant condition and to issue instructions to the operating teams regarding operating conditions or make recommendations regarding planned maintenance, e.g. heat exchanger cleaning, required in order to maintain plant integrity.
- Provide process engineering input and approval to all Plant Modifications to ensure that the process design of the Plant Modification is consistent with operation of the unit and consistent with the development strategy for the unit in terms of improved integrity or commercial performance.
- Maintain key process safety information documentation e.g. P&ID¿s, Cause and Effects etc., ensuring their validity for use within the operating teams and as the basis for development projects to ensure that the plant operating instructions and plant modifications are consistent with the target refinery process safety performance.
- Maintain the representation of the unit within the refinery LP in order for the refinery to set its annual commercial targets and also to define the short term operating parameters required to maximise short term commercial gain based on transient conditions in the market or with the plant.
- Provide process support to the shift operating teams, providing instructions and recommendations to assist them in meeting the refinery operating plans and meet the refinery commercial targets.
- Provide technical input into the selection of replacement catalyst charges, and subsequently managing catalyst condition via recommendations regarding operating conditions, feedstocks or addition rates, in order for the refinery to meet its commercial and availability targets.
- Monitor the variable cost performance of the unit and make recommendations regarding energy performance and process chemical consumptions in order for the refinery to meet its targets with respect to variable costs and energy performance.
- Provide chemical engineering expertise in troubleshooting unit operating issues and vulnerabilities, making recommendations regarding changes in operating conditions or plant modifications in order to improve the units availability or commercial performance in line with the refinery¿s strategic direction.
- Provide process engineering input into the planning of Turnarounds and participation within the TAR undertaking process inspections and managing catalyst handling activities, in order to support the successful execution of the Turnaround in line with the refinery¿s TAR strategy.
- Special Features:
- Some periods of inconvenience to support planned and unplanned plant outages
- Coach and mentor Interns and Graduate Process Engineers
- Perform as Modifications Authority
- Education/ Experience:
- Degree qualified Chemical Engineer with relevant experience
- Chartered engineer or equivalent experience
- Expert Process Engineering and operational knowledge of plants being supported
- Understanding of refinery operation as a whole and impact of own plant on the operation of the other refinery areas
- High level of communication skills, dealing with all levels in the organisation.
- Strong analytical and complex problem solving skills
- Good understanding of the application of the site Plant Modification process and associated document management system
- Strong Understanding of process safety concepts and issues Team member experience of HAZOPs, investigation enquiries and SIL assessments
- Ability to use Simulations and kinetic models to analyse performance
- Possesses sound understanding of the commercial drivers for the refinery as a whole
Staff opportunity so long term security
Full staff benefits