This is a permanent position.
About the role:
The role works closely with other members of the Procurement team, internal stakeholders and is a key interface between the businesses and external third parties.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the key responsibilities and duties will include:-
- Working with the business to source and procure a wide range of required goods and services, with primary focus being IT and Indirect services, ensuring optimal value for money within defined service and quality criteria
- Ensuring that the procurement processes are followed to seek and evaluate competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and service. This process will involve negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters to achieve optimal levels of value versus risk
- Identifying opportunities for synergies across the portfolio and to add improvements to the “bottom line” through cost savings or process change. Promoting continual improvement in all aspects of the Procurement function
- Managing supplier relationships, coordinating multiple stakeholder interfaces to ensure a consistent and collaborative approach. Identifying and implementing supplier improvement actions and operate 360 feedback processes and seeking to resolve contractual and supplier disputes as and when they occur. Understanding and adhering to the company and department standards, policies and procedures
- Developing and maintaining strong and positive working relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring that requirements are understood and addressed. Seeking to promote the Procurement function as a positive enabler and an integral partner to the business
- Operating and maintaining required systems to support and improve the Procurement function
- Working closely with the HSEQ teams to ensure that the supply chain is safe and delivers quality goods and services
- Other procurement and supply chain tasks that are required from time to time
- IT procurement experience in a comparable role
- Experience of SAP and e-tendering systems
- Evidence of managing the procurement whole life cycle, ensuring that any value created during the negotiation stage is delivered through contract delivery
- Understanding of general contract law, including cyber security and all specific software/data protections
- Minimum CIPS level 4 achieved, working towards level 6
- Private medical insurance
- Competitive pension option
- Bonus opportunity
- Employee benefits platform
NRL connects global engineering companies with the right people to help their businesses grow and thrive, connecting organisations and candidates that share the same values and drive to succeed. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to help you explore the role and answer any questions you have.
We welcome applications from every walk of life and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.