About the role:
The purpose of this role is to source, as required, all items required by the Project team within the business, in accordance with procedures, and to best possible commercial terms.
- Negotiate agreements for the supply of goods and services to meet project requirements at optimum costs.
- Work with Material Control on negotiations for annual contracts for specified goods and services to provide project engineers with call off facilities that meet their needs cost effectively
- Source items as necessary to ensure that all relevant items/services are available to deliver all projects on time, and at minimum cost.
- Identify new and alternative sources of supply to avoid over dependence on too few suppliers and maintain market competitiveness.
- Support the monitoring of supplier performance to ensure that they confirm to the conditions of contract and that they remain as viable businesses capable of meeting the company’s needs.
- Initiate and negotiate annual contracts for specified goods and services to provide project engineers with call off facilities that meet their needs cost effectively.
- Liaise with Project Engineers, Stores, and Operational personnel to gain a full understanding of their needs and brief them on improved sources of supply.
- A good understanding of the Quality Grading approach for each specific customer as this drives the documentation requirements
- Take ownership of material from PO placement to it being QA/QC’d
What's in it for you:
- Chance to join a growing company who invest and look after their staff
- Full time role Mon-Fri, 36.5 paid hours per week.
- 35 holidays (inc BH) per annum
- Competitive salary
- Excellent pension contributions