Working with the world’s leading corporations, we enable the successful delivery of their world class Hi-Tech & Manufacturing (HT&M) mission critical facilities. Our client are leaders in professional services to the Data Centre’s, Life Sciences, Pharma, R&D facilities, Industrial, Manufacturing, Distribution & Logistics sectors globally. We have multiple HT&M Project/ Programme Control opportunities and are hiring Controls Professionals with proven experience of delivery in these sectors.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Controls manager to lead a multi-functional Project Controls team, working collaboratively with the clients Project Manager and supply chain to provide a realistic baseline and embed effective controls to monitor progress, manage issues and mitigate slippage to drive delivery and enable successful project outcomes.
- Embed a robust breakdown structure, integrating the data from each of the controls functions.
- Coordinate and lead estimating sessions to reach an agreed, market tested cost baseline with a focus on value for money and budget realism.
- Coordinate and lead planning sessions and workshops to compile the master project/programme schedule baseline, ensuring an achievable duration.
- Understand procurement principals, collating lead times within the schedule to communicate the prioritisation of ordering materials and equipment to meet scheduled install dates.
- Manage the risk management process, including being responsible for qualitative and quantitative assessments to support cost and schedule predictability.
- Stakeholder management ensuring all key stakeholders sign off the baseline and have visibility of regular progress updates.
- Embed a robust update process, ensuring schedule, interfaces, cost, risk and changes are managed effectively.
- Guide and influence the principal contractor and client, working with them to drive delivery and achieve schedule and cash flow KPI’s.
- Control costs with your knowledge of conceptual estimating, funding stage gates, basic contingency principals, procurement principals.
- Control the master program applying quality checks to updates from the client and principal contractor.
- Lead the change management process and workflow, providing a platform for adding/ tracking/ monitoring/ approving change in a timely fashion.
- Identify trends and root causes of deviations against the baseline using lead and lag indicators, effectively reporting any remedial actions in order to drive best value for the client.
- Proven experience in delivering Controls in a major project/ programme environment
- Experience working in the Hi-tech & Manufacturing specialist sector
- Experience in managing a multi-functional controls team
- Proficiency with controls/ general software applications such as Primavera (P6), Power BI, Microsoft Office Applications.
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management
- Experience of leading collaborative workshops
- Reliable with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills, quick thinking and ability to meet project deadlines, as necessary.
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients and have the ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Flexible with regards to travel, even with increased levels of remote working, we still need people who are willing to travel to client sites as required.