- Sector: Non-core sector
- Contact: Georgia Coates
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 0191 415 3300
- Duration: 6 months
- Start Date: 2022-09-12
- Expiry Date: 01 September 2022
- Job Ref: DaXtra_3952712
Start Date: 12th September
Duration: Until July 2023
Our client are looking for a Designated Project Engineer who is experienced in all aspects of multidisciplinary design and implementation to work on a Route Upgrade project.
• Design assurance of complex multi-disciplinary rail deliverables and technical support to Project Managers in technical delivery in accordance with NR/L2/RSE/02009.
• Champion the consistent use of Network Rail procedures, standards and scope to ensure that all designers have an agreed understanding of the project remit and goals and their part within it.
• Champion a culture of getting design and delivery right first time.
• Drive the implementation of designs that achieve a ‘Minimum Viable Product’ to achieve client requirements.
• Implement improvement measures and share good practice as applicable.
• Ensure that the Project Manager and delivery team are kept informed on delivery progress.
• Manage interfaces throughout the programme at tactical and programme levels.
• Monitor and assure that appropriate System Integration for Design (SI4D) requirements are applied to project delivery, including the application of the “Integrated Engineering Life Cycle for Projects”, IELCP to achieve phase gate progression.
• Monitor the designer’s verification and validation process to ensure technical compliance with client requirements.
• Support the PM in the management of designer assumptions and change control.
• Monitor compliance with engineering management plans.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8 hours a day
(Minimum of 3 days a week in York office - 2 days WFH)
Payment Options: PAYE or UMB
Rate of Pay: Desired rate to be submitted alongside candidate's application
If interested, please submit your application now and NRL will be in touch.