Fantastic Career Opportunity
Our client is one of the leading innovators in complex project delivery in the Energy, Nuclear, Defence and Security Industries both UK and globally.
Due to substantial business growth key opportunities exist for a Project Manager to work on one of the most inspiring nuclear power projects and programmes.
Highly innovative & unique work scope, working in a globally recognised project management team you will be part of a large client lead team at Heysham Power Station supporting multiple projects, covering complex nuclear projects from existing generation, nuclear defueling, nuclear new build and/or nuclear decommissioning.
This lucrative position offers a fantastic career path combined with development in skills & experience from industry recognised leadership teams. The team is a highly motivated, inclusive and diverse group, which is rapidly growing, delivering state of the art strategic and tactical support on highly acclaimed projects & programmes.
Offering you the chance to work across a wide range of activities at various stages of project lifecycle.
Key Skills & Attributes:
Must have a wide range of experience in project management in a highly regulated & safety focused organisation. Ideally in Nuclear, Defence, MOD, Rail, Construction etc.
Highly skilled in the following areas:
- Advanced project management techniques across multi-functional organisations.
- To drive forward, manage and influence complex project work-scopes.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting.
- Understanding of Safety Cases to include their implementation, relevance to HSE legislation to include CDM compliance.
- Adept at using reporting tools covering estimating, scheduling, programming, reports and risk analysis & earned value tools.
- Strong commercial, contractual, and financial awareness.
- Highly skilled in managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle, across a range of complex multi-discipline projects/environments, and the effective & supportive management of an integrated project team.
- Can confidently produce business cases and secure funding options.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent
- Corporate membership with an appropriate professional institution
- Professional qualified or working towards professional qualification (e.g. CEng)
Confident, professional and driven.
Questioning attitude, effective, detailed & positive approach
Analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability
Skilled at cultivating stakeholder relationships at all levels.
Robust and resilient nature
Highly self motivated
Thrives on a challenge
Clearance Requirements: BPSS/CTC Cleared or ability to achieve this.