This role would be suitable either for a current QA/QC professional, or for an experienced welding inspector or coordinator looking to develop their career to the next level.
About the role:
- To deliver technical assurance, focussed on welded fabrication, in support of Procurement, Asset, Projects and Turnaround teams supporting all Petroineos UK Businesses. Subject Matter Expert (SME) for fabrication and supply QA/QC.
What you will need:
- Plan and deliver fabrication Quality Assurance and Control in accordance with client QA/QC procedures
- As QA/QC SME, support the Technical Authority by developing, implementing and updating when required suitablestandards
- Be the primary contact in the business for fabrication and supplier QA/QC matters
- Co-ordinate and execute the review and approval of suppliers¿ QA/QC documentation, including Quality Plans, Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS), Weld Procedure Qualifications, Welder Qualification Tests, PWHT procedures, hydrotest procedures, technical queries, deviations and concessions. This will require engagement with other SMEs, Technical Authorities etc.
- Lead and coordinate the activities of Petroineos QA/QC Inspector(s), participating in inspections as necessary to balance demand or deal with particular technical issues
- Provide fabrication technical expertise to the business including resolution of Technical Queries and deviations from Engineering Standards
- Carry out supplier technical compliance audits, recommending improvement plans and monitoring progress on non-conformances
- Coordinate and performance manage 3rd party inspection and assurance service for manufacture or repair of fabricated equipment
- Set KPI¿s and measure performance of site fabrication contractors to deliver information to drive improvements to performance and quality
Special Features of the role include;
- Grangemouth site is a top tier CoMAH site. The role is key to the client compliance with regulations including PER, PSSR, CoMAH
- The role may contain some time periods of inconvenience to support planned and unplanned outages
- Flexibility to work remote from the site with no immediate supervision and have the confidence and competence to make the correct decisions regarding integrity assurance
- The role involves communicating and influencing through a number of diverse organisations and people, including departments and on and off site Fabrication companies. Typically interacts with senior people in supplier organisations when carrying out audits and approving suppliers.
- HNC or HND in welded fabrication or a related subject. This includes working knowledge of key relevant industry standards eg PD5500, ASME VIII Div. 1 and 2, EN13445, EN 14015, ASME B31.3, and relevant ASTM Material Standards
- Qualified welding inspector to CSWIP 3.2 or equivalent
- Experience and appreciation of common Non Destructive Testing methods and standards used in pressure equipment fabrication
- Preferred / to be gained in role;
- Radiographic interpretation qualification
- Qualified internal auditor to ISO 9001:2015 to provide competence in QA/QC assurance processes
- Experienced in fabrication technology with extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes, welding, materials, NDT, design, QA systems, fabrication codes and standards and legislation (eg PSSR and PER) relating to the fabrication and inspection of refinery and/or petrochemicals equipment
- Incorporated Engineer (IEng) status
Whats in it for you:
- Excellent Salary Negotiable
- Full staff package and benefits